Featuring both lessons and an analytical project based on local jewellery businesses, this course gives students the opportunity to gain an understanding of the real-life challenges of managing a retail environment. The day-to-day issues of retail store management are covered,including staffing, security and customer handling. Effective front-line business administration is explained,including management software, point of sales practices and ways to measure everything from inventory levels to customer satisfaction.
As a critical component of any business that deals with consumers, the front line poses a unique set of challenges. Students consider first principles in designing store layouts and planning staff rosters, design systems to maintain quality and performance and seek out local examples of best and worst practices for class discussion.
- RE201: Introduction to retailing and its challenges
- RE202: Learning from a competitive environment03 Finding, keeping & motivating retail sales staff
- RE204: Understanding & predicting customer behaviour
- RE205: Retail Store Layout, Merchandising & Security
- RE206: Administration & managing documents
- RE207: Inventory management, sales forecasting & shrinkage
- RE208: Retail sales systems & software concepts09 Retail inventory control systems & concepts
- RE210: Customer relationship management tools & concepts
- RE211: Retail metrics & identifying areas of improvement
- RE212: Exploring Singapore's best and worst retailers
1 week (Full-time), or
5 weeks (Part-time)
JDMIS runs week-day, weekend and weeknight courses for this popular course. JDMIS also has flexible make-up schedules and graduates can return without cost for refresher courses (subject to availability).
Course fee is inclusive of GST and reference materials provided during the course